My Fruitive Challenge: Day Eight — Temptation Control

 A former student of mine posted a photo on FB of a hamburger. I like that I could appreciate it without salivating and suppressing stomach pangs. I’m surprised at how I’ve had to deal with little temptation to break my WFPB SOS-Free diet this first week. My past diets over many years were fraught with hunger pain and cravings for food I was not eating. I was miserable. 

Now, I’m simply not miserable! I’m impressed at how good I’ve felt overall despite a few slight struggles I’ve had adjusting on occasion, like feeling very gassy after eating my undercooked black beans. Nonetheless, I haven’t taken antacids at night at all since May 1st. That’s a big improvement to me.

Gregg asked me to reflect a bit on why I think my cravings have been manageable:

  • He sufficiently prepped me with what to fill my fridge and pantry with the first week. For example, I’m enjoying the healthy food options (fresh strawberry banana smoothies are delicious!)
  • I look forward to checking off my daily goals list and reviewing my progress with Gregg
  • I’m not feeling negative pressure to break my diet by anyone 
  • I am motivated by the success I feel and see within me. 

Popular posts from this blog

My Fruitive Challenge Diet: Day One!

Shipt!