My Fruitive Challenge: Day 17 — Compost Tumbling Day!

 It was a good day. We officially filled up our 1.3 gallon kitchen scrap bin and mixed our greens with leaves, paper, water and microbial compost starter, and spun it in our compost tumbler. My daughters got to assist me with the process too. 

They had noticed that the house smelled kind of stinky and wanted to know why. I couldn’t smell anything, but when I stepped out of the house and walked back in, I smelled it. Laura definitely smelled it. Oh yeah, it was leftover black eyed peas I found last night in the back corner of the fridge in a plastic container. Gross. The smell escaped the bin when I just recently added scraps to it.

I let my 7 and 8 year olds postpone bedtime to help me christen our new compost tumbler by spinning it after a mixed up the greens and browns.

 I love the feeling of recycling food that’s gone “bad” (it’ll actually be very good to the plants that will grow from it someday.)


Popular posts from this blog

My Fruitive Challenge Diet: Day One!

Shipt!