My Fruitive Challenge: Day 151 — The Plant Free MD

 I clicked on a YouTube video put out by Dr. Anthony Chaffee, the Plant Free MD. He’s a proponent of a 100% plan free diet called the carnivore diet. He explains that our evolutionary Ancestors were meat eaters. If we eat a diet of only meat, dairy, and eggs, will achieve optimal health. A large number of plants are in fact, toxic to human beings because of poisons like lectin and cyanide. He claims that people would be surprised to find that the carnivore, diet heels, Ally of health problems, including allergies, asthma, skin conditions, even neurological conditions like Parkinson’s disease.

It didn’t take me long to discover that there’s a rabbit hole of videos and resources of doctors and patients and self acclaimed health experts who are promoting this diet. Honestly, I had no idea. Well, that’s not exactly true. Yes, I’ve heard the term carnivore diet before. I know someone who has lived his whole life not eating plants because vegetables made him gag since he was a kid. I heard a comedian in an interview say he had tried the carnivore diet, but he got sick of eating meat all the time.

I started watching a polite debate between Dr. Chaffee and another doctor who defends veganism. I was impressed at how both sides laid out their arguments and had an actual conversation that was informative to listen to. I’m open to the idea that this kind of diet can be very helpful for at least some people. I can’t imagine that I’ll ever try it because a Whole Foods Plant-based diet has been Amazing for me to lose weight and feel so much better about myself. 

I plan to finish my one year program without breaking my diet and then to continue it as a whole new lifestyle for myself (with exceptions based on rules I’m still thinking through.)


Popular posts from this blog

My Fruitive Challenge Diet: Day One!

Shipt!