My Fruitive Challenge: Day 125 — Tofu and Vegetables Stew

 I made tofu and vegetables stew in my Instant Pot DUO Mini pressure cooker last night for dinner. It took me about 20 minutes to prepare the ingredients, 30 minutes for the Instant Pot to build up pressure using the Soup//Broth at High Pressure setting, 30 minutes to cook at high pressure, and about 5 minutes to quick release the pressure (with a towel over the vent to protect myself and my kitchen from steaming hot stew vapors spewing all over the place). 

Ingredients

1. Tofu (200g): Approximately 144 calories (based on firm tofu).

2. Mushrooms (1 cup, 100g): Approximately 22 calories.

3. Split Peas (1/2 cup, 100g dried): Approximately 340 calories.

4. Carrots (1 medium, 75g): Approximately 30 calories.

5. Onion (1 small, 75g): Approximately 30 calories.

6. Wild Rice (1/4 cup, 50g): Approximately 90 calories.

7. Miso Paste (1 tablespoon): Approximately 35 calories.

8. Vegetable Broth (1.5 cups): Approximately 15 calories (depending on the brand).

9. Garlic (2 cloves, 6 g): Approximately 15 calories

10. Water: 0 calories.

Total Calories: 714 calories (119 calories per cup for this 6 cup recipe)

It was delicious! I added coconut milk to cool it down in my bowl and seasoning to spice it up to my liking: black pepper, nutritional yeast, Bragg’s no salt seasoning 

I can’t wait to have it for lunch today!

Popular posts from this blog

My Fruitive Challenge Diet: Day One!

Shipt!