My Fruitive Challenge: Day 48 — Sodium Levels




 My Apple Health app quotes the Mayo Clinic regarding Sodium:

“Sodium helps maintain the right balance of fluids in your body, helps transmit nerve impulses, and influences muscle contraction and relaxation. Your kidneys naturally balance the amount of sodium stored in your body to maintain optimal health. When your body sodium is low, your kidneys hold on to sodium. When body sodium is high, your kidneys excrete the excess in urine.

Most adults consume much more sodium than is needed. It's found in many prepared and processed foods, including prepared dinners, cold cuts and bacon, soups, condiments, and fast foods. In addition, many recipes call for salt, and many people also salt their food at the table.”


I’ve worrying about sodium the past couple of days because the temperature has been in the high 80s and 90s and I’ve sweating profusely working outdoors. 


I checked with ChatGPT about recommended sources of sodium for someone on a WFPB SOS-free diet. Usually people get their sodium from table salt, seafood, sand food preservatives. I can get my sodium from celery, beets, seaweed, and miso. Miso works as an acceptable minimally processed plant based food if it’s a combination of whole foods, which my organic brown rice miso paste seems to be exactly what I need and want! You can see below that I have been consuming way under the recommended 1,500 mg of sodium, but miso soup with my rice brings it right up!





Popular posts from this blog

My Fruitive Challenge Diet: Day One!

Shipt!