My Fruitive Challenge: Day 34 — Protein



 I joined a bunch of Facebook vegan and plant-based groups to learn more about people’s experiences with healthy eating. A lot of people say it’s common for non-vegans to ask, often judgmentally, where they get their protein. 

This got me thinking where I get my protein. Well primarily from the following:

  • Legumes
    • Black beans
    • Lentils (red, green, brown)
    • Peanuts
    • Peas
  • Nuts (unsalted, raw or dry roasted):
    • Almonds
    • Brazil nuts
    • Cashews
    • Pecans
    • Walnuts
  • Vegetables
    • Broccoli 
    • Kale
    • Spinach
    • Sweet corn
  • Whole Grains
    • Brown rice
    • Oatmeal

Unfortunately, I’m falling way short of my minimum goal of between 130 and 240 grams.

ChatGPT has a more thorough list of protein rich WFPB items to add to my grocery cart:

1. Beans and Legumes:
Black beans
Chickpeas
Edamame
Kidney beans
Lentils (red, green, brown)
Peas
Pinto beans

2. Nuts (unsalted, raw or dry roasted):
Almonds
Brazil nuts
Cashews
Pecans
Walnuts

3. Non-Dairy Milk (unsweetened, without added sugars or oils):
Almond milk
Cashew milk
Soy milk

4. Seeds:
Chia seeds
Flaxseeds
Hemp seeds
Pumpkin seeds
Sesame seeds
Sunflower seeds

5. Tofu and Tempeh:
Firm tofu (organic, non-GMO)
Tempeh

6. Vegetables (higher in protein):
Artichokes
Broccoli
Brussels sprouts
Kale
Spinach
Sweet corn

7. Whole Grains:
Amaranth
Barley
Brown rice
Bulgur
Farro
Millet
Oatmeal
Quinoa


Popular posts from this blog

My Fruitive Challenge Diet: Day One!

Shipt!