My Fruitive Challenge: Day 103 — A Little Cheat Day

 A former student and her fiancé came over for lunch today. We had tried for three years to find a date for them to come over for a meal! (COVID had thwarted our plans once or twice:) It’s always nice to have visitors because it forces us to make our place look extra nice. I gave them a head’s up about my WFPB SOS-free diet. We prepared a salad bar if healthy veggies to add to their rice/couscous/spinach bowls. They liked that I had balsamic vinegar as dressing. I offered them olive oil. Sophia made homemade pizza dough from scratch. And our guests gifted me a dessert of vegan ice cream. Well, I decided to make it a special occasion and not ask questions about forbidden ingredients, to a large salad bowl, and take modest portions of the foods that were suspect. My daughter confirmed that she had never seen me cheat on a diet before! Haha, don’t get used to it, kid. (I can’t say that the vegan ice cream was particularly tasty. It was okay for what it is, but not worth cheating with in the future! 

Popular posts from this blog

My Fruitive Challenge Diet: Day One!

Shipt!