My Fruitive Challenge: Day 72 — Sour Cream

 I successfully coordinated a family gathering tonight! It was Lots of fun to have families gather together for a Rice Bowl Night. I was going to order gourmet pizzas from Herb and Fire Pizzeria and possibly make personal pan pizzas, but I went with my sister-in-law‘s suggestion to host a rice and black bean bowl party.

I bought a 6 quart crockpot for $10 from someone on Facebook marketplace. I filled it up with eight cans of black beans from Costco and set it to high for four hours. My sister-in-law added seasonings that her family enjoys.  I set aside three cans of black beans to cook on the stove without added seasonings primarily for me and my diet and anyone else who wanted that.

My brother Daniel made his famous 10 quart crockpot of jasmine rice that he cooks with oil and salt. He has a way of slightly overcooking it so that the bottom layer is crispy and crunchy, just some of us love it. I prepared a small Rice cooker of brown rice without any added salt, oil or other seasonings, And a slightly bigger crockpot of brown rice that I cooked with olive oil and garlic salt.

I invited Family to show up with add-ons too: We had diced tomatoes, rotisserie chicken, chopped onions, jalapeño and habanero peppers, cucumber, salad, spring mix, salad, and much more. 

My sister-in-law was kind enough to make vegan sour cream just for me because it didn’t have any added salt. I added it to my Rice bowl. It was delicious. Surprisingly simple to make by blending rock as shoes and lemon juice together. That’s it.

There was plenty of junk food there too, but nothing tempted me not even the s’mores at the bonfire I set up. I did announce that at the end of my year of Whole Foods plant-based SOS free dieting. I think I’d like to break my fast diet by eating a traditional campfire s’more. We’ll see.


Popular posts from this blog

My Fruitive Challenge Diet: Day One!

Shipt!