Radio Killed the Radio Star

I turn on Christian pop radio.
8yr: No, not this station!
Me: Why not?
8yr: They only play boy singers!
Me: Nooo, come on. They play girl singers, too.
8yr: See! That's a boy singer!
Me: The next one will probably be a girl singer.
8yr: What if it's not?
Me: I'll give you gum.
8yr: OK.

She wins the gum.
I switch to other radio stations:
All boy singers.
I switch back to the first station:
Boy singer.
Three more songs later:
Still boy singers.

The sixth song starts...

IT'S A GIRL SINGER!!!

My car audience erupts with loud, uproarious celebration!...

Girl singers rock!
Bring it on!
Lovin' it!...

Then back to boy singer.

Sooo, Radio Stations, on behalf of my three little music-loving girl singers in the back seat of my car, what's up with the messed up gender ratio today? Is this the way it is? Is this the way it's going to be? Boy singers are great too, but let's get some more girl power in there. Maybe we need to put a demo together, haha...

Popular posts from this blog

My Fruitive Challenge Diet: Day One!

Shipt!