Attack of the Clones

8yr: Why are there so many bad people in the world?
Me: What bad people? Who do you mean?
8yr: Darth Vader.
Me: Well, that's one. Is that it?
8yr: And the Sith Lord Darth Sidious.
Me: That's two bad people. Well, if you look around, I think most of the people you see are not bad people. They're good people trying to work hard and make a living honestly and are probably really nice when you talk to them. I don't think they want to kill anyone.
8yr: Well, everyone feels like killing an annoying person sometimes, haha.
Me: Haha, I guess that's true. That's the sin part of us that we have to fight against!...

(Who knew that watching Attack of the Clones, my least favorite episode, with my daughter would lead to a heartfelt discussion of the Lord's prayer as a force for good in our life 😇.)

Popular posts from this blog

My Fruitive Challenge Diet: Day One!

Shipt!