Sudafed Up!

This morning my wife and I both woke up under the weather, feeling pretty groggy and achy all over. Hot coffee only helped a little. Unfortunately, her health was a bit worse off than mine for various reasons. 

In a hurry to get to work she asked me to do her a big favor and pick up Sudafed from the pharmacy. I said okay, no problem...

At the pharmacy the druggist asked me what the Sudafed was for:

Me: Uhh, it's for my wife. I think it's for, uh, menstrual cramps.
Druggist #2: (in the background and a bit loudly) No, that's not right! Sudafed is not for menstrual cramps!...
Druggist #1: (quietly) No, that wouldn't help with menstrual cramps.

Me: Oh, right, uh, what was I thinking. Uh, maybe she wanted it to help her get to sleep.
Druggist #2: (interjecting in the background) No, that's not it either! Sudafed would have the opposite effect if anything...
Druggist #1: (quietly) No, sorry, Sudafed won't help her get to sleep. It helps relieve congestion.

Me: (feeling like a fool in the wrong class on exam day) You know what? I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about. But I can tell you what I do know. My wife definitely wants me to buy her Sudafed.
Druggist #1: Okay, if she wants Sudafed, we'll get her Sudafed.
Me: She's going to laugh when I tell her about this...

In the car, still embarrassed about my pharmaceutical faux pas, I called Laura and asked her if she'd like me to drop off her Sudafed at her work. No, she didn't need it. But she thanked me for the good laugh when I told her what happened. 

In my opinion she laughed harder than I had anticipated. Then she asked permission to tell her coworkers who needed something to brighten up their day. Yes, they too found it funnier than I thought was justified...

In my defense, my wife is our resident nurse and I just drink down my doses as directed like a good little boy. What do I know from Sudafed? I've never bought the stuff in my life. I'm not a meth lab! Ask me about Tums and NyQuil, my drugs of choice. No hoity-toity pharmacist can claim to have harassed me about that ever.

By the way, that sign about four feet from the counter that says "Stand here to ensure the privacy of our customers." Not working. I'm sure my privacy was NOT ensured when Druggist #2 was heartily volunteering her medical expertise. Try moving that sign a few yards down an aisle....

So, now, I think I'm going to take some of this Sudafed to help me get over this memory...I know, I know, Sudafed doesn't do that either.

Popular posts from this blog

My Fruitive Challenge Diet: Day One!

Shipt!