A Wild Wallet Mystery

Last night, in the TC Library parking lot, I dropped my wallet. No problem. I reached down and picked it up, then drove straight home, just four minutes away. Uneventful, right?

Except this morning, I couldn't find it anywhere. Not in my pockets, not in the house, not in the car... After church, I cleared out the car again to find it. Nothing. When I walked back into the house, the phone rang. "Hello?"

The caller asked if I had lost a wallet.

"Yes! I was just looking for that!..." 

On the way out the door, I asked Laura if she had any spare cash for reward money, and I jumped in my car to meet this guy, 11 minutes away.

Turns out that he's a young man working on a road repair crew filling cracks at a bank parking lot.

I got my wallet back and gratefully handed him a twenty. "Where did you find my wallet?"

He and his tar-stained buddies found it about a mile away in the middle of Hwy 31. "What? Really! In the middle of the highway!..."

On my way home, I did a quick check. All of my valuables were still there, seemingly untouched, including a restaurant gift card and a check I've been meaning to void. Didn't I have a dollar bill, though? I couldn't recall...

Whatever the case, all I know is my wallet has more of a wild social nightlife than I do, and I'm twenty (or twenty-one) bucks poorer for it!...

Popular posts from this blog

My Fruitive Challenge Diet: Day One!

Shipt!